E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance Pharm Discussion 6
Advance Pharm Discussion 6.
Calcium and Vitamin D supplementation are essential to bone health and the management of osteopenia and osteoporosis. In the past few years, information regarding the potential risks of too much calcium (such as cardiovascular disease and/or events) have been emerging.
- Using an article from a medical journal, evaluate and discuss the risks and benefits of calcium supplementation for a patient with a bone disease.
- What would you recommend for is a 59-year-old postmenopausal woman with a T-score of − 2.3. Her past medical history is unremarkable and she only takes a multivitamin with additional calcium and vitamin D. Her family history is remarkable for a mother who had osteoporosis and died of breast cancer and a father who has diabetes
Gout is a common form of inflammatory arthritis that is very painful. It usually affects one joint at a time (often the big toe joint). Although there is no cure for gout, it can be effectively treated and managed with medication and self-management strategies
- A 45-year-old white man presents to your office complaining of left knee pain that started last night. He says that the pain started suddenly after dinner and was severe within a span of 3 hours. He denies any trauma, fever, systemic symptoms, or prior similar episodes. He has a history of hypertension for which he takes hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ). He admits to consuming a great amount of wine last night with dinner
- Provide an evaluation of the patient including possible risk factors and treatment options, including non-pharmacologic interventions
- Would this patient be a candidate for prophylactic therapy?
Post must a minimum of 150 words, APA formate, minimum of 2 reference.